- Denji Rawa Fry-Semolina crusted crisp soft shell crabs
- Kayar Katti Yerachi Kola Urnudai-Fennel flavoured crisp lamb meat dumplings wrapped with banana fibre - a speciality from Thanjavur
- Koonu Ulli Theeyal-Button mushrooms and pearl onions in a roasted coconut curry
- Asparagus Paruppu Usili-Asparagus and steamed lentils tempered with Madras chillies
- Chocolate Purnam Mousse-Chocolate mousse filled with coconut, lentil and jaggery mix
Re-opening its doors to the city of Chennai, the most authentic address for a taste of South India invites you to an encore. Mindful of its illustrious past and a legendary culinary rigor, with its temple inspired decor and richly laid interiors, it offers a promise of old. A treasure trove of Grandma's down the generation recipes from the interiors of South India's culinary districts including Madurai, Karaikudi, Tirunelvelli ,Viruddhanagar,Tuticorin, Mangalore, Udipi, Coorg, Bangalore, Vishakapatnam, Nellore, Calicut, Thalessery. The list goes on.
Its craft has remained unyielding and unrelenting over the years. One that requires its master chefs to undertake ritual journeys, traversing the heart and hearths of South India in search of elusive secrets of the kitchen. In search of recipes that are destined to be lore.
In keeping with tradition, Southern Spice presents yet another edition of a well researched menu ringing in some of the most intricate and vivid flavors from the South of the Vindhyas.
We invite you to partake in this journey where the past and the present come together to transport you to another world where colors, flavors and aromas come alive. And where time stands still.
Vannakam to Southern Spice!
Cuisine:Culinary delights from the Four Southern States
Tamil Nadu ,Kerala,Karnataka ,Andhra Pradesh
Location: Lobby Level
Hours: 12:30pm - 2:45pm and 7pm - 11:45pm
Reservations: Tel (direct)044 66002827
Attire: Smart Casuals